SAF™ superabsorbent fibres can be integrated into a wide range of nonwoven fabrics and woven constructs that can be used as both temporary and long-term water management solutions in many different horticultural and landscaping applications. Such fabrics are designed to achieve storage and delivery of water and nutrients to root systems, while significantly reducing evaporative loss and water seepage. They can be used in a wide range of applications from hanging basket liners (Basket Boosters™) and flower transportation, to large commercial growing scale and landcsaping projects.
SAF™ fibres can also be added directly to the soil media to enhance water containment.
Selection of horticultural applications:
- Liner fabrics for baskets and planters
- Surface fabrics for moisture management, suppression of weed growth and for thermal regulation
- Ground fabrics (typically for use 15-20cms below the surface)
- Fabrics for flower and plant transportation
- Root ball fabrics to aid transportation of large plants and re-planting
- Vertical and roof top garden water management fabrics
As every application is unique, email us for more information at info@exploreSAF.com