Location: Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire
Business Unit: Technical
Reports to: Technical Director
Working closely with Technical Director and Operations team to ensure the plant is set up to efficiently provide maximum output levels taking health and safety, environmental, and economic aspects into account.
Summary of Principal Accountabilities and Authorities:
- Designing plant and equipment configuration so that they can be readily adapted to suit the product range and the process technologies involved
- Assessing options for plant expansion and/or reconfiguration by identifying, developing and testing new technologies
- Designing, installing and commissioning new production equipment, including monitoring developments and troubleshooting
- Optimising production by analysing processes and compiling de-bottleneck studies
- Researching new products from trial through to commercialisation
- Ensuring that potential safety issues related to the Production team, the environment, the process and the product are considered at all stages
- Developing methods to deal with waste materials in adherence with Environment Agency regulations and guidance
- Responsibility for maintenance and effective utilisation of DeltaV system
- Develops safety procedures for those working with potentially dangerous chemicals.
- Authoriser for Permits to Work
- Liaises directly with EA
- Liaises directly with HSE
- Liaises directly with external equipment & software designers and engineers
- Liaises indirectly with BSI and BRC.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications:
- MEng in Chemical Engineering
- NEBOSH Certificate
- H&S Rules